About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Who are you, again?

I’m not sure why, but there has been a case of “Snappiness” going around our house lately.  I have it.  The children have it.  Frankly, it’s making us all a little miserable.
 
Yesterday, after opening my eyes wide and giving my children all a “look” and a lecture on being nice to each other, I broke out the dictionary, and we looked up “compassion” and “gracious” because that’s what God is  (Ps 111:4).  And then I talked to the kids a little about how sometimes it is easier to be nice to strangers than to your own flesh and blood.  So we brought out the face paint and changed ourselves, just a little . . .just to remind ourselves and each other to “be nice!”

I think it helped a little . . .maybe!

May you have a wonderful day at your house and no snappy people.

~ Jenn

2 comments:

  1. the face painting was a great idea. did you just come up with that on the moment. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just a spur of the moment thought . . .T actually dressed up as a Ninja, instead of doing face paint, which was fine, too.

    ReplyDelete