About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hot Chocolate Anyone?

 On cold days, nothing hits the spot like a hot drink. 

Today I was reminded of a cold winter day in Nebraska. 

My Dad came into the kitchen with his brother. They'd been out doing some hard work . . .probably shoveling snow out of the feedbunks so the cattle could get a bite to eat, or maybe they'd been plowing snow so they could get around the farm and take care of business. Either way, they were ready for a break. 

Usually my Mom is in the house and has a pot of coffee going, but she was gone. Well, Dad looked around the kitchen and quickly assessed the situation. 

"It looks like there is about one cup of coffee . . .and, what's this? Homemade hot chocolate on the stove? But there's only about enough here for one person. What would you like?" 

My Uncle thought about it a little and decided on the hot chocolate. 

A few minutes later, Mom came in the door, and Dad mentioned the hot chocolate. 

"Hot chocolate? That's not hot chocolate! I made chocolate frosting and put some soapy water in the pan so it would be easier to wash out later !" 

Uncle said . . ."Well, I thought it tasted a little funny, but I didn't want to be rude!"

3 comments:

  1. thats hillarious!!!!!!!!!!!! i am your newest follower - found you on HSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this from snowbound Nebraska! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete