About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lapbooking

This week as we were reading another really wonderful book aloud, I found myself wondering just how I could cement some of the information from this book into the minds of my kiddos.  The answer?  Lapbooking.

Lapbooking is a great excuse to have fun with paper, paste, paint . . .all kinds of artsy materials.  Really, if you can imagine it, you can do it in lapbooking land.  But lapbooking also provides the opportunity to practice proper spelling, punctuation and the chance to hone ones research skills.  That's my hope, anyway.  I must admit that I have never created a lapbook, but I am all about learning new concepts.

So I went googling.  Hopefully these links will lead to many hours of fun learning for your family and mine. :)

http://www.squidoo.com/lapbook-planning  :  how to plan a lapbook

http://forum.homeschoolshare.com/ :  a big site with tons of lapbooking resources, and a forum to provide support to homeschoolers who enjoy learning through lapbooking.

http://forum.homeschoolshare.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=154 : a thread especially for lapbook newbies

If you have great links on this topic, feel free to leave them in a comment!  Happy lapbooking to you!

~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment