About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More on Lapbooking and her Sisters

So, it turns out that lapbooking has a few sisters . . .notebooking, scrapbooking and digital scrapbooking, to name a few.  I'm sure LB has more relatives that I haven't met yet.

I must say that I really think that it would be awesome if my kiddos could learn to LB and then learn how to put their LB information into digital format.

Well, this is just my own personal list of links and a brief description of each.

http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/teacherslounge/notebooking.php

This is basically a page covered with links on LBing and related topics.

http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/category/lapbook/

Robin has spent many hours lapbooking, scrapbooking and creating digital LB's and SB's.  If digital LBing or SBing appeals to you, then this is a link you'll want to immerse yourself in.

http://www.ignitethefire.com/fuel.html

I love her idea about the Bible Notebooking.  I believe we will be incorporating this into our homeschooling, too.  This is a very practical article that I will be returning to in the future.

http://homeschoolwithindexcards.com/Notebooking-Forms.html

So, let's say you are doing a notebook on any subject with your elementary age child, or you want to do a notebook with your child.   Maybe you know what topic you wish to pursue or maybe you don't.  Either way, you can visit this page and click on any one of the topics available, print that page out and PRESTO something for your child to do on that topic!

http://highland.hitcho.com.au/notebooking.htm

By now you've probably grasped the concept of notebooking, so feel free to skip over her introduction and go straight to her helpful lists at the bottom of this page.  She has included some great lists, such as recommended materials for notebooking and even more links on the subject.

Well, that's it from me for today!  Be well . . .

~ Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment