About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Grammar

A friend loaned me a book on the Caribbean and as she handed it to me, warned me that the book was NOT well written.  She was right!  As I read it, I kept finding errors in the book's grammar, and I noticed that my friend had circled errors, too.

I started to worry after awhile.  Why was she circling certain items?  I didn't understand exactly why she felt these words were wrong.  However, I have MUCHO respect for this friend, and so I went looking for the answers to my questions.

I found them here:

http://www.grammarbook.com/

My friend was spot on in her critiques and now I know why.  :)

I will be returning to this site because I  love the way it clearly lays out the rules and includes quizzes at the end to make sure the reader has grasped the concepts the author has presented.  Yay for another great, free resource!

No comments:

Post a Comment