About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Monday, November 22, 2010

Eating Green/Food Without Plates

You may be thinking “Oh, she wants to save the planet!  Good job!”
Well, yes, I do want to save the planet.  It is a good idea.  But I also want to save my sanity.  Thus, I am looking for ideas on just how to have lunch without making a mess . . .
Methinks that for this to work we need a good supply of
“holders”  ( crackers, bread or tortillas)
“toppers” ( Peanut butter, tuna, cheese, etc.)
veggies or fruit
 If this becomes old, maybe we could throw in a Soup Day once a week or so. To avoid a mess,  each child  could rinse out their mug after lunch .  Would this be possible?  Yes, no?  Maybe.  
On today’s menu?  Taco Burgers
Basically, think Sloppy Joes, only with salsa, cheese and beans instead.  It’s a thick dip that we’re throwing onto the hamburger buns from yesterday’s grilling session.
We’re also going to have carrot sticks and celery.
Ta-da!  Lunch is served . . .
Eating Green




No comments:

Post a Comment