About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Monday, November 15, 2010

What We're Doing Now

It's November and it's time to be thinking about Thanksgiving.  So we're getting ready for Thanksgiving by looking up quotes about Thanks and Gratitude.  And then we're heading over to  this great penmanship site:
http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/flash/cursive/paragraph/index.html.  ( This link for my kiddo that is learning cursive)


 And this link is for my kiddo that is learning how to print: http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/flash/dnealian/paragraph/index.html


About a month ago we invested in a great book, Homeschooling Your Child For Free by LauraMaery Gold and Joan M. Zielinski., and that's where I found the above link . . .so this is what we did with the quote and the site.  Added 'em together and this equaled an opportunity for my kiddo to read, trace and copy the quote.  Tomorrow I'm going to say "So, what do you think this quote means?"


And then we're gonna talk about the difference between "Thankful" and "Gratitude".  ( Here's a hint:  one is a noun, and one's an adjective.  :)  Don't you just love being able to slip a little learning into the season?)


Quote for Today:


Praise the bridge that carried you over.  ~George Colman




No comments:

Post a Comment