About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lesson's Learned . . .

Today I had a talk with a young friend of mine.

There was some profound sadness going on in his young mind.  Things just seemed so, so unfair.

And so we talked about it for awhile . . .

I can’t remember when I learned some of the truths I know now, but they are a part of me.  I had to stop and think . . .oh, my!  I didn’t always know what I now know!

So I took a few minutes and shared a couple of things with him:

1.       Many times we think “Everybody is looking at me!  They all think I’m stupid!”   In reality, they are all thinking “Everybody is looking at ME!  They all think I’M STOOOPID”.  Actually, you aren’t that important to them . . .they’re thinking about themselves, not you!

2.       Not every thought that pops into your head is the gospel truth.  In fact, if that thought is making you feel really bad, you’d better double check it.  We people tend to BELIEVE the voices in our heads that tell us horrible things . . .I mean, the voice is in your HEAD.  Why wouldn’t you believe it?  But trust me, double check the voice.   Sometimes we are our own worst enemies and sometimes we are our own harshest critics.

One more thing . . .if you do talk to somebody and they tell you mean things about somebody else, you can almost be guaranteed that they are saying mean things about you to other people.  

Well, it's always good to think about what we know, isn't it?  And to pass it on.

May you remember your lesson's learned as you move through your day, and may you share ( nicely!) with those who may need to learn from you.

Be well,

~ Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment