About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Kids and Chores: The "To Do List"

I have discovered that my older kids do not appreciate my presence when they are cleaning.  This is because I can be, frankly, critical. 

When I get in the mood to clean, I clean.  "When I works, I work hard.  When I rest, I rests easy."

My kiddos, however, like to sing, dance . . .be silly.  So now that they can clean unsupervised I let them have at it and I disappear for a bit and they clean and I devise some sort of a reward or at least a continuation of priveleges.  :-P

Here's the basic "to-do list" that I have devised as a starting point.  Later we'll get to other areas of the house . . .remember to "inspect what you expect."

Try to praise way more than you critique . . .be objective and non-emotive!  Let them know ahead of time what the rewards or negative results will be if the job does not meet your criteria.

All my best to you,

Jennifer

The “To-Do List”

The Living Room

 Floor vaccuumed or Swept
Coffee Table Cleared Off
Surfaces cleared off  ( start at the right hand side of the room and go counter-clockwise)

The Kitchen

 Dishes
put clean dishes away
wash dirty dishes
clean out the “nasty stuff” in the sink and
wring out the dishrag and put it under the sink to discourage fruit flies

 Check Trash.  Take out if necessary
Floors:  sweep;  spot-mop
Surfaces cleared off ( this means the you use a clean, wet rag to wipe them down after removing the clutter.  Do not make me list all the surfaces.  Thank you!  :-P


Later we will address bathrooms, bedrooms and DEEP CLEANING days

No comments:

Post a Comment