About Me

This blog should really be titled "Jenn on the Move" because we aren't by the sea anymore. I am a Christian mom who has two teens, a tween and a toddler. I love books and I love to share what I learn from them with my kids. Sometimes I make them read something that I found especially helpful. I am planning on spending some time reading some books for teens or tweens and making up questions or notes about these books so I can email them to my kiddos and have them use them as tools to better understand said books . . . Maybe your kiddos can benefit, too . . .

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Whale of a View!


From my deck I can see for miles.  I see little bitty cars driving along, colorful houses and roofs,  and I see boats at sea.  And I see lots and lots of blue water.  The blue water stretches on forever.  There’s a handful of cays and islands scattered out there in the deep blue sea.

And today there was a . . .a . . .LUMP!

What was this lump, out in the ocean?

 It was a Humpback Whale!  It was bigger than a pick-up truck, black as could be and moving rather fast through the water. 

I have seen boats and this was NOT a boat.

I have seen rocks, and they don’t move. 

And this is “whale” season.

It felt like a gift, this glimpse of something extraordinary.

It reminded me that the world is much bigger than me and the flotsam and jetsam that make up the worries in my life.

Yay for the Whales and Yay for God, who made them.

~ Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment